Thursday, March 22, 2007

Lovely last weekend!


Here I am hanging out at the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Savannah, GA. I was there with my boyfriend and his family, and we got to walk in the parade because his dad is somehow related to someone on the Parade Committee....yeah that's how it works.

You know how people like to say all these nice romantic things about taking long walks on the beach with the person they love, or staying out late to lie on their backs and gaze at the stars? But then they never actually DO those things?

Well, I've done them. I'd love to say that I wish I could make it a habit, but there's no way it could be a habit because we live six hours from the nearest beach and near a major metropolitan area, so the stars are kinda...eh. Not to mention the man I love and I live about 45 minutes away from each other.

But I have to say, it really is something to lie out on the beach and gaze at the stars, lying next to your beloved. You should really try it sometime. PLEASE. Make some room in your busy schedule, grab your spouse/loved one, and haul ass over to a beach (don't forget the towels/blanket!). Try to go for one that's not quite so commercial, maybe more residential...that way there's fewer people and lights. It's breathtakingly gorgeous, and amazingly surreal.

No comments: